The Big List of Nova Scotia Christmas Craft Fairs
Maybe your mind hasn’t jumped to holiday gift giving quite yet, but now’s the perfect time to get started. In the next few weeks, communities all around Nova Scotia will be buzzing with holiday craft fairs. They are the perfect place to find unique, handmade gifts you won’t find anywhere else. Here are some of our favourite shows you might want to visit.
The Craft Nova Scotia Christmas Show
November 16 - 18
Cunard Centre, Halifax
Find original, interesting and contemporary fine craft by Nova Scotian and Atlantic Canadian artisans. Give gifts that are as unique as their recipients. Now in its 43rd year, the show also features demonstrations from talented local artisans all weekend.
Acadia Student Union Christmas Craft Fair
November 16 - 18
The Acadia University arena will be packed with more than 100 vendors selling all kinds of amazing items. Worth the drive to Wolfville. Check out the exhibitor list to get a taste of what’s in store for you.
Annual Seaside Christmas
November 16 - 18
We love this event because it’s not one show in one community. From Nov 16 – 18, the entire Eastern Shore is in the Christmas spirit. Check out the Seaside Christmas Route Map and happy shopping.
Dalplex Christmas Craft Market
November 23 - 25
We think holiday craft fair shopping is a sport, so we had to include the annual Dalplex Market on our list. Dalplex will be bustling with people, vendors, live music, food and more.
Christmas at the Barn
November 24 & December 1 & 8
What’s better than one event? Three events. Christmas at the Barn runs on three consecutive Saturdays at the Hubbards Barn & Community Park. So, if you can’t make one Saturday, you’ve got two more opportunities.
Christmas Craft Fair at the RECC
The Rath Eastlink Community Centre is the place to be on December 8th. It’s a family friendly event with over 100 vendors, free admission, and word has it that Santa & Mrs. Claus will be making an appearance!
Last Minute Christmas Craft Show
December 10 - 11
If you’ve been busy with other things, or the mall crowds are driving you nuts, you can do some last-minute shopping at the Halifax Forum. It’s never too late to find something local. Stay up to date on their Facebook Page.
We couldn’t stop at seven events. We tried, but there were just too many good ones. Here’s a list of some other craft shows and holiday markets happening around us:
- Christmas Craft Village - Halifax Exhibition Centre (November 9 - 11)
- Halifax Wishlist Expo - Casino Nova Scotia, Halifax (November 16 - 17)
- Festive Craft Market - Dalhousie Agriculture Campus, Truro (November 17 - 18)
- Christmas in Cole Harbour - Cole Harbour Place (November 17 - 18)
- Tantallon Holiday Craft Market - Tanallon (November 18)
- Sackville Craft & Vendor Show - Sackville (November 24)
- Annual Lunenburg Christmas Craft Show - Lunenburg (November 25)
- Avon Community Farmers' Market Christmas & Craft Fair - Windsor (November 25)
- North by Night Holiday Market - Halifax (November 28)
- Bridgewater Farmers' Market Christmas Markets - Bridgewater (November 25, December 2, 9, 16, 23)
- Christkindl Market - Alderney Landing, Dartmouth (November 30 - December 2)
- Maritime Artisans Christmas Fair - Cole Harbour Place (December 1)
- Mabou Farmers' Market Holiday Market - Mabou, Cape Breton (December 2)
On a final note, we know this is not a complete list, but we’d love to make it as complete as possible. If you have a favourite holiday craft fair, or your community is hosting one, tag Select Nova Scotia when you post on Facebook.